When people set goals and standard for you, you will struggle to achieve it, but when you set goals and standard for yourself, you are committed in achieving it.
Goals are what you plan to achieve in all areas of your life, be it immediate, short term or long term.
Its half of the year, What goals have you set for the remaining half of the year.
Have you been able to accomplish little if not all the goals you set at the beginning of the year.
What standard do you want to attain now.
In goal setting:
- Be exact with what you want to achieve in all spheres of your life.
What do you want to achieve in your relationship, spiritual life, health, finance etc.
- Envision your goals. Make them so real in your mind.
- Know the cost of achieving them.
Setting goals help you know the cost of achieving what you have envisioned. If you do not love your weight and you want to loose weight, the cost of having that desirable weight is in the control of your intake.
No late night eating, eat more vegetables and fruits, exercise more, take more water etc.
Same goes with other areas of your life.
- Be positive about the goals you have set.
- Discuss with trusted fellows so they can keep you accountable to fulfilling it.
- Affirm them. Affirming them gives a positive signal to your brain telling it the action to do.
- Be committed in achieving your goals. Don’t just be interested in your goals be committed to achieving it.
- Be grateful to your self on every stage you get to the fulfilment of your goals.
Note: In making your plans, break them down to days for proper accomplishment.